General Manager – Fire Alarm – Charlotte, NC
$65,000 – $100,000 a year
FESS Fire Protection is seeking experienced General Manager for our Alarm Division in the Charlotte, NC area.
FESS has been family owned and operated in the Carolinas since 1978. In these 40+ years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desires to continue to grow within the fire protection industry.
- $65k to $100K (D.O.E.)
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- STD/LTD – 100% paid by company
- 401K with company match (up to 4%)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation time
- Company Vehicle
The Fire Alarm General Manager (GM) will join the team at an exciting time. FESS is growing in the region and is expanding to open another location. The GM will be a key part in servicing current clients, helping to grow the region, increasing sales, and building a team. We are looking for a technical leader who is ready for the next step in his or her career progression to help build out the region, transition into a leadership role, and build a local team.
The GM must have senior level field technician experience, with the ability to test, troubleshoot, and service most panel types.
- 3+ years of senior level fire alarm service (installing, testing, troubleshooting, repairs)
- Fire Alarm replacement project management a plus
- NICET certification and ability to get NICET III certification – Specific Job Requirements:
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Work full time and occasionally respond to emergency service calls.
- Must be licensed or certified to perform fire alarm services in the state and local jurisdictions.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance wearing company provided shirts.
- Must be good with communication to customers and be able to increase business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Expected to continue personal and professional development through leadership and technical training.
- Familiarity with applicable codes (NFPA 72, local)
- Follow internal company procedures and policies.
- Proficient with use of basic office software such as professional email communication, creating professional word and excel documents, and managing work order management system.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally perform work in unusual and difficult positions such as climbing ladders, working on scaffolding and lifts working in and around ducts, and crawling when needed.
- Must be able to “manage the business” and attain specific goals set for the region. Must be self-starter, confident, and proficient with quantity and quality of work.
- Must be able to earn the respect of clients and team members through technical proficiency, reliability, and leading by example with quantity and quality of work.
- Must be able to supervise other employees, including managing performance, time reporting, recruiting, and retention.
- Must implement company procedures and protocol and work to lead and initiate process improvement aligned with company values and objectives.
Other Duties: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Fire Alarm: 3 years