JUNIOR FIRE SPRINKLER DESIGNER
FESS FIRE PROTECTION
FESS Fire Protection
For over 30 years, FESS Fire Protection, has provided fire protection installation and service contracts to hospitals, manufacturers, schools, warehouses, commercial, government buildings and many other commercial settings throughout the Carolina’s and Southern Virginia.
$15 – $20/hr. Based on Experience, Health, Dental, 401K Matching, Paid PTO, etc.
Junior Fire Sprinkler Designer
Under the guidance of seasoned fire sprinkler designers, the Junior Fire Sprinkler designer will assist in the preparation of NFPA compliant fire sprinkler shop drawings utilizing AutoCAD. This position will require the building of knowledge dealing with the selection of fire sprinkler system components, hazard analysis, fluid hydraulics, interpretation of code compliance requirements, and industry standards for the installation of fire protection systems. Candidate will assist in surveying existing fire protection systems, drawing preparation, material listing, and field survey as required to successfully install fire sprinkler systems. This position requires an eager and motivated team player with a positive, professional attitude and demeanor.
- Associates Degree or higher in Architecture/Mechanical Design/Construction Management, three years of fire sprinkler installation, or completed AFSA/NFSA Fire Sprinkler Apprenticeship/Design training.
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude with strong desire to excel.
- Proven Autocad 2010 or higher proficiency and ability to learn new software.
- Computer fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills needed.
- Continuous employment for a period of three years.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and focus attention to PC monitor for prolonged periods, with occasional job-site visits and moderate lifting of 25 lbs required.
- Occasional out of town travel may be required.
- Learn to prepare fire protection design drawings and hydraulic calculations, within time and budget constraints, for commercial and residential buildings in compliance with applicable codes for submittal and fabrication.
- The successful candidate must exhibit a desire to train on new systems and technologies.
- Continue to expand knowledge in the field of fire protection by on the job training and self-direction.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library and associated records.
- Check accuracy of own work and demonstrate “Pride of Ownership”.
- Successfully interact with internal and external customers.
- Project site coordination of sprinkler pipe installation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. Only candidates who possess the above minimum qualifications will be considered. Not all applicants will receive a response. Only top candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent